Tips to Boost Immunity Against Coronavirus
1. Get enough sleep
One of the ways you can facilitate the production of melatonin from your pineal gland is by sleeping. To get better sleep and boost immunity, avoid the blue light emitted from your screens (phone, laptops, and TV) and do not take heavy late meals because they are difficult to digest. You do not need to sleep more but better. There are two different cycles of deep sleep that help refurbish your immune system. Ensure you get the best sleep through each of the cycles.
2. Eat a wholesome organic diet
Eating well is essential to building a strong immune system. A balanced diet that is organic can help you build a strong body and mind. Fruits and vegetables are essential during a pandemic. They also have a big impact on how you feel during the day. A plant-based vegan diet may also be beneficial for some.
3. Enjoy nature
Although some people prefer isolating themselves from the world to avoid being exposed to coronavirus, getting fresh air can make your immune system more active. Fresh air stimulates the immune cells, facilitates blood and lymph circulation, thus boosting your overall immune system. Deep breaths and relaxing exercises, for instance, yoga, can help your body relax, absorb more oxygen, and get better sleep in the long run.
4. Drink tea
Tea is well-known to reducing fever, stress, and headache. Additionally, tea clears your lungs, thus facilitates breathing. Coronavirus mainly affects the respiratory system causing difficulties in breathing. Therefore, drinking tea will not only improve your health but also soothe you. Tea-making ingredients are readily available and affordable. Consider taking tea regularly to optimize your immune system against coronavirus.
5. Take daily vitamins
When in doubt make sure you are getting your daily vitamins. Vitamin C is most important to building a strong immune system to fight off viruses. Though your meals may have some vitamins, it may be beneficial for some to take a daily multivitamin pill to boost your energy and immunity.
To further boost your immune system, follow these tips:
- Remove sugars from your diet because excess sugars destroy white blood cells.
- Exercise – tai chi, yoga, and cardio are excellent in cleansing your lymphatic system and strengthening your immunity.
- Probiotics – since friendly bacteria in the gut are depleted with time, you should take fermented foods like miso, tempeh, and sauerkraut. In case you are taking antibiotics, consider doubling up fermented foods intake.
- Consume more garlic and onion because they are rich in selenium and antioxidants. Garlic and onion promote your health because they contain antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Hot Yoga Chelsea NYC wants to help you take necessary preventive measures to stay healthy in the current climate. Follow the tips above to boost your health and pay close attention to news and updates from the CDC. Hot Yoga Chelsea is taking the necessary precautions to keep students and staff safe. Please read our COVID-19 Protocols.